Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sabbatical Ends



We ended our sabbatical together in the mountains of Tennessee. Our family stayed at Fairhaven Ministries, which is a Christian ministry that houses Pastoral families and Christian workers. We spent time together as a family and invested time in each other. We went canoeing, blackberry picking, hiking, played board games, reading, and much more. It was a wonderful time for our family to renew and refresh together. The last day of my sabbatical (this last Wednesday) was spent hiking to the top of Roan Mountain on the Appalachian trail. You can see us in the picture above. It was a fun hike. I told the Lord I could spend days upon days up there with Him. It was a beautiful and wonderful place to be. Thank you for checking in on this blog. It was good to hear from you and it was good to be able to connect with you while I was away. We are now in vacation mode. We are looking forward to coming home soon. I told Amanda that I can't wait to come home and buy some freshly picked sweet corn! Take care and we will see you soon!




Pastor Paul and Family

No comments: